Get assignment solution or answer for "Case Brief Assignment 2 – 25 Points Assignment. As part of your grade for this course, each of you will..."
Case Brief Assignment 2 – 25 Points Assignment. As part of your grade for this course, each of you will be required to do the following:
1. Choose a case from the attached case list relating to Chapters 8 and 9 regarding either implied in fact contracts, intent of parties to enter into contracts, covenants not to compete and/or fraud. To review and/or to retrieve a copy of the case, go to our CANVAS course and look under the Case Brief Assignment 2 Module.
2. Choose a case and submit it to me via email no later than Monday, March 30, 2020, for approval. The approval or denial of each topic will be given to you as soon as possible. Note that cases are approved on a first-come, first-served basis and you MUST receive approval in order for your case brief to be graded.
3. Once approval is obtained, prepare a case brief on your chosen case. The case brief is due to me via CANVAS assignment on Sunday, April 12, 2020, at 11:59 P.M. Late submissions may be accepted with prior written approval and early submissions are always welcome. The case brief MUST be written in the format of the sample brief which is posted on CANVAS.
Objectives. The objectives of this assignment are (1) to research legal cases online, and (2) to enhance the written and communication skills of the student.
Required. Include at least, the following: (1) case citation; (2) a statement of the legal issue(s) in the case; (3) decision(s) and/or case holdings, and (4) rationale regarding the decision (Also, see the Appendix at the end of Chapter 1 for examples.)
Grading. You will be graded on the organization and quality of the case brief, as well as your ability to follow directions. For example, turning in a case brief with improper grammar and/or spelling will not help the overall quality component of your grade on this assignment. Further, not including one or more of the required elements will negatively impact your score on this assignment. A grading rubric is attached hereto.
Cases (Choose 1):
1. Detroit Tigers, Inc. v. Ignite Sports Media, LLC, 203 F.Supp.2d 789 (E.D.Mich. 2002);
2. Dickemann v. Millwood Golf & Racquet Club, Inc., 67 S.W.3d 724 (Mo.App. S.D. 2002);
3. Unger v. FFW Corp., 771 N.E.2d 1240 (Ind.App. 2002);
4. Hoff v. Mayer, Brown and Platt, 331 Ill.App.3d 732, 772 N.E.2d 263, 265 Ill.Dec. 225 (1 Dist. 2002);
5. Ozark Appraisal Service, Inc. v. Neale, 67 S.W.3d 759 (Mo.App. S.D. 2002);
6. In re Sallee, 286 F.3d 878 (6th Cir. 2002); and
7. Columbia/HCA Healthcare Corp. v. Cottey, 72 S.W.3d 735 (Tex.App.—Waco 2002).